1) The random variable x represents the number of cars per household in a town of 1000 households.Find the probability of randomly selecting a household that has less than two cars.Cars Households0 1251 4282 2563 1084 832) The random variable x represents the number of boys in a family of three children. Assuming thatboys and girls are equally likely, find the mean and standard deviation for the random variable x.3) Find the variance of the binomial distribution for which n = 800 and p = 0.88.4) A test consists of 30 multiple-choice questions, each with five possible answers, only one of which iscorrect.Find the mean and the standard deviation of the number of correct answers.5) A test consists of 10 multiple choice questions, each with five possible answers, one of which iscorrect. To pass the test a student must get 60% or better on the test. If a student randomly guesses,what is the probability that the student will pass the test?6) According to government data, the probability that a woman between the ages of 25 and 29 wasnever married is 40%. In a random survey of 10 women in this age group, what is the probability thattwo or fewer were never married?7) Basketball player Chauncey Billups of the Detroit Pistons makes free throw shots 88% of the time.Find the probability that he misses his first shot and makes the second.8) A company ships computer components in boxes that contain 20 items. Assume that the probabilityof a defective computer component is 0.2. Use the geometric variance to find the variance of defectiveparts.9) A sales firm receives an average of four calls per hour on its toll-free number. For any given hour, findthe probability that it will receive exactly five calls. Use the Poisson distribution.10) A book contains 500 pages. If there are 200 typing errors randomly distributed throughout the book,use the Poisson distribution to determine the probability that a page contains exactly two errors.11) A local fire station receives an average of 0.55 rescue calls per day. Use the Poisson distribution tofind the probability that on a randomly selected day, the fire station will receive fewer than two calls.12) A sales firm receives an average of four calls per hour on its toll-free number. For any given hour,find the probability that it will receive exactly five calls. Use the Poisson distribution.
- Transpose and Associative Property [1pt] Define matrix B = bbT , whereb ? R d×1 is a column vector that is not all-zero. Show that for any vector x ? R d×1 , x T Bx = 0. Math Algebra
- Image transcription textQuestion 1 What is the frequency of the Aa genotype? O 0.90 O 0.09 O 0.18… Show more Science Biology
- Define the Defense Contract Management Agency’s and Defense Contract Audit Agency’s role.Describe how a Defense Contract Audit Agency audit report can help meet a negotiation objective. within the last five years, defense contract audit report and what was the reasons for the audit, the findings an
- Business Accounting Week 3 – PowerPoint & Quiz_ Chapter 5_ ACC205_ Principles of Accounting I (BAG1744A).pdf
- Image transcription textQUESTION 31 Which of the following chart types requires at date field? line chart O a. bar chart O b. pie chartOC scatter plot O d…. Show more Engineering & Technology