1. listen to the fourth movement of Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony (“Ode to Joy”). The first stanza of Schiller’s poem translates as:Joy, beautiful spark of Gods,Daughter of Elysium,We approach, fueled by fire,Heavenly, your sanctuary,Your magical powers unifyWhat custom harshly partsAll men are made brothersWhere your gentle wing spreads.How does Beethoven reflect this theme of universal brotherhood in his music? Consider instrumentation, major/minor harmony, rhythm, tempo, etc.Many of the performers appear quite moved during the performance. What were your emotional reactions? What about the music made you feel this way?2. listen to the first movement of Mozart’s Symphony No. 40 in G minor and the first movement of Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony. Drawing upon what you’ve read, heard, and watched over the last two weeks, list three musical similarities and three differences between the two pieces. Does each piece reflects its composer’s personality? Why or why not? Is it important that a work of art reflects its creator?
- Transpose and Associative Property [1pt] Define matrix B = bbT , whereb ? R d×1 is a column vector that is not all-zero. Show that for any vector x ? R d×1 , x T Bx = 0. Math Algebra
- Image transcription textQuestion 1 What is the frequency of the Aa genotype? O 0.90 O 0.09 O 0.18… Show more Science Biology
- Define the Defense Contract Management Agency’s and Defense Contract Audit Agency’s role.Describe how a Defense Contract Audit Agency audit report can help meet a negotiation objective. within the last five years, defense contract audit report and what was the reasons for the audit, the findings an
- Business Accounting Week 3 – PowerPoint & Quiz_ Chapter 5_ ACC205_ Principles of Accounting I (BAG1744A).pdf
- Image transcription textQUESTION 31 Which of the following chart types requires at date field? line chart O a. bar chart O b. pie chartOC scatter plot O d…. Show more Engineering & Technology