(note: make sure you delete the comments in the margin on the references page in your paper)Format: 500 words, Times New Roman 12pt, double-spaced, .doc file. APA formatWeek 3For this assignment, we will approach writing with a critical lens and think about why and how we write the way we do, and why certain writing styles have certain characteristics. Students will form a thesis statement stating whether or not they agree with the author’s opinion, and why. Steps for writing:Choose one of two readings (Bernoff from Week 1, Weins from Week 3) to write a response in the form of an essay, with a clear topic sentence and supporting sentences for each of the paragraphs in the essay. The argument (or “point”) of the essay is up to you – I am leaving this assignment open in order to get a sense of where you stand as a writer and to allow you to write about what appeals to you most. Both of the readings are about writing in business, but they make different arguments and present different perspectives. Links to both readings:1. “Bad Writing is Destroying Your Company’s Productivity”2. “Your Company Is Only as Good as Your Writing” Make notes as you read and pull a central idea out of the article that you’d like to write about. Once you’ve settled on an idea, sketch out a plan and begin writing.Stuck? Here’s how to get started:If an idea to write about doesn’t immediately pop out, here are a couple suggestions:Go back to the discussion we had in Week 1 about the business writing article, and expand on your initial post. Your central argument/thesis could be simply “I agree with Bernoff because X” or “I disagree with Bernoff because X.” After reading the Wiens article, take a similar approach; do you think what he writes is smart or useful? For example, are written safety instructions as important as the verbal instructions you receive from a trainer? Check out the “Suggestions for Writing” on page 410 of the textbook for essay ideas: #1 and #2 would make great starting points for this assignment. For any topic you pick make sure you state your opinion clearly in your thesis statement, and use the essay to explain the “why.” Why do you think the opinions are correct or not? Why is the advice effective? How do you know this? Support your statements by using examples from your life and experiences. It’s OK (and recommended) to use “I” statement; I know that Bernoff’s point about X is correct because I have experienced Y. When you reference one of the readings in your paper, make sure you introduce the writer and article/essay in your introduction and have correct citations for any quotes you might use (APA format – articles and essays are given in quotes, as shown below). For example, you could introduce the Bernoff article in your intro by writing something like this:In the article, “Bad Writing is Destroying Your Company’s Productivity” (2010) Josh Bernoff argues that typical business writing is hindering employee success. When finished, turn in your essay using the Turnitin tool – make sure you save it in a .doc format!Visit an SF Writing Lab tutor (if you’re local) and submit your “mini” essay to the OWL.
- Transpose and Associative Property [1pt] Define matrix B = bbT , whereb ? R d×1 is a column vector that is not all-zero. Show that for any vector x ? R d×1 , x T Bx = 0. Math Algebra
- Image transcription textQuestion 1 What is the frequency of the Aa genotype? O 0.90 O 0.09 O 0.18… Show more Science Biology
- Define the Defense Contract Management Agency’s and Defense Contract Audit Agency’s role.Describe how a Defense Contract Audit Agency audit report can help meet a negotiation objective. within the last five years, defense contract audit report and what was the reasons for the audit, the findings an
- Business Accounting Week 3 – PowerPoint & Quiz_ Chapter 5_ ACC205_ Principles of Accounting I (BAG1744A).pdf
- Image transcription textQUESTION 31 Which of the following chart types requires at date field? line chart O a. bar chart O b. pie chartOC scatter plot O d…. Show more Engineering & Technology